The Data Engineers are typically responsible for building data pipelines to bring together information
from different source systems. They integrate, consolidate and cleanse data and structure it for use in
analytics applications. They aim to make data easily accessible and to optimise their organization’s
big data ecosystem. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Proficient of Database systems (SQL and NoSQL) Data engineers must know how to manipulate database management systems (DBMS).
- Exposure to ETL tools. how data is taken (extracted) from a source, converted (transformed) into a format that can be analysed and stored (loaded) into a data warehouse.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Analyse and organise raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects