For residents (consumers) of the United States, when we collect and use personal information about you, we may be subject to the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and responsible as a ‘business’ or ‘service provider’ for such personal data. Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you as a resident within the United States; including your rights to your data as it may be processed by PalTech.
Rights of US Consumers under the CCPA
If the processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you are entitled to the rights listed below.
Changes to your personal data:
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data:
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.This enables you to ask us, in certain situations, to delete or remove personal data unless our processing is specifically permitted under the CCPA.
- Right of disclosure for sale of data or use for business purpose. This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to provide you with the categories personal data and third parties we disclose for sale or business purposes. As PalTech does not sell your personal data under any circumstances, this right may only apply where PalTech discloses your personal data for a business purpose.
- Data portability: This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit the personal data that you have provided to us to another party.
- Right to opt-out: This enables you to opt-out of the sale of your personal data by a business to other third parties. As PalTech does not sell your personal data under any circumstances, this right does not apply to your personal data with PalTech.
- Right to non-discrimination: This specifies that PalTech will not discriminate against you in any way or under any circumstance for exercising your rights to your data under the CCPA.
- Right to withdraw consent: In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact our Privacy Officer (see contacts below). Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legal basis for doing so.
If you are a US resident and want to exercise one of the above rights in connection to your personal data, please contact our Privacy Officer.
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.